Thursday 22 October 2020

If it were not for God, I would not be here today!

Every now and then someone may face a life-changing moment that will leave a lasting impact upon their lives. These experiences can also have an effect upon our faith and belief in a deity that exists beyond our imagination. A God like no other, the One that brought all things into existence. My wife had an experience last year while giving birth to our beautiful third baby - a girl and here is her testimony of how God worked through the life of others to save hers. 

**********************************************************************************

If it were not for God, I would not be here today. I would have been dead and gone on this date 17 June. #mytestimony God is not done with you yet!

Photo of Tabu @1 month old.

Figure 1. Tabu Airi. Named after my late bro.

 

After I gave birth to my princess, I told my mum I needed to go; please mummy just let me go... I gave my back to my family, my husband, my kids and the world off course! I lost 2 and half buckets of blood on that day. My mum held her faith up to her throat and never gave up praying to God pleading to keep my heartbeat. As I struggled through that moment, I heard my mum praying, casting all those women who passed away came calling for me to go with them. I kept telling my mum with that weak voice, mum just let me go, and I need to go...

 

I experienced that 5 minutes of RIP. I had total Peace that moment. I could not hear a word from my mum, I could not remember yesterday and I had no worries for tomorrow, just total darkness and fine Peace! After those 5 minutes of total darkness, I felt tears rolling down my cheeks; I knew God was not done with me. It is as if He said, Rosemary, I am not done with you yet. I could not sit up, my body turned pale. Then my mum went asking Doctors, Mid-Wives and Nurses for a blood packet. They responded by saying we do not have any blood available now and in fact, there was nothing in the Blood Bank. 

Not long, there was loud banging on the door. *Bang**Bang*! Where is Rosemary, the mid-wife said this is Rosemary. The Doctor saw me and said congratulations, Rosemary, you have a beautiful baby girl and she weighs 5.4kg...He carried on saying, don't worry I left a note for you at the Blood Bank desk stating, we need a packet of Blood for a patient at the Labor Ward, ASAP! Exactly 1hour 30mins, Doctor went and checked the Blood Bank to find a packet ready to be picked up and that was around 1:30am. He took the Blood packet and ran quickly as he could to connect it to the drip/cannula. I thought to myself, God you sent an angel to bring the Blood of Jesus to come and rescue me, what am I that you are mindful of... 

I spent almost 2 days in that labor ward, trying to regain my strength. After 6-8 hours of receiving that packet of blood, I regained my strength and asked the nurses to move me to the labor ward cubic outside. There I spent 10 solid days and was discharged home. I thanked the Lord for my family, my partner and family friends who stood in prayer through it all and for this life, he gave to me.

My underline message to this story is to remind us all that God is not finished with you if you have missed death once in your life. God is Awesome and all Powerful and God is not done with you! 

God is Awesome and all Powerful and God is not done with you!

Rosemary.


 

Figure 2. Mother and daughter well and healthy.

Figure 3. Our bundle of joy now a year old.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my testimony. To God be all Glory, Honor and Praise! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Glory and honor be unto his Holy name. God is Awesome!!

      Delete